Monday, October 8, 2007

Finally went to the grocery store!

The first of the month is my favorite day in the world. It means I can make a menu with whatever I want because I get to go the grocery store! This meal was very easy and tasty, two of my favorite things. The orzo salad was inspired by the lovely Joelen (who I finally got to meet!), but I didn't really use a recipe. The chicken breasts I used must have been from a relative of Dolly Parton, so they took forever to cook. Next time I will definitely remember to pound them thin!

Orzo Salad
from me (with some help from Joelen)



8 oz cooked orzo
1 c grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 c reduced fat feta
1/3 c sliced black olives
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 T olive oil
red pepper flakes
dried oregano

Combine all ingredients. Serve. (I told you it was easy!)

For the chicken, all I did was bread the chicken with seasoned breadcrumbs and pan fry.

No comments: