Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Fall!

When the weather here dipped into the low 70s, I knew it was time to have some traditional fall food. What's better than chili in the fall? Chili with Frito's and cheese. Yummy. I made this batch in the crock pot, but it can also be made on the stove top. It just needs to simmer for 30+ minutes.

I would also like to add that this particular meal tasted even better because when I ate it I was a lawyer! Yes, that's right. I have officially passed the bar. While chili at home was not the way I initially planned on celebrating the best day of my life (second only to my wedding day), it was actually a pretty darn tasty way to celebrate. Plus, Matt took me out for dessert at a fabulous little restaurant in Webster Groves, Cyrano's. I had an AMAZING brioche bread pudding. To die for.


Linda's Chili
from Linda

1 large can Brooks Chili Hot Beans
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 can tomatoes for chili (2 if you want a thinner chili)
cumin
chili powder

Frito's
shredded cheddar
chopped onion (white or red is best)

Combine beans, beef, tomatoes and seasonings in crock pot. Heat on low for about 5 hours, but as long as 8 (depending on your crock pot). Serve over Frito's and top with cheddar and onions.

1 comment:

Renea said...

I cannot wait to make my first pot of chili for the season! Looks good!