Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Blowing the dust off the old crockpot


I have not had a lot of success with the crockpot. Maybe it is the recipes I've used, but I haven't been impressed with it so far. Everyone raves about the wonderfulness of the crockpot, though, so I decided to give it another chance. I'm glad I did! I got this recipe from a woman from church at my kitchen shower. It was really tasty and my husband, who claims he isn't a "soup man" loved the soup! I would definitely recommend it.


Taco Soup
from Kara

1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (I used black beans)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 lb ground beef, browned (I only used 1/2 lb)
1 onion, chopped
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can beef broth

Brown the ground beef with the onions. Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for a few hours. (Mine cooked for about 6). Serve over corn chips with taco toppings (I used sour cream, cheese, black olives and cilantro).

No comments: