Friday, November 2, 2007

20 minutes from start to tummy.


Now this is what I call fast food. This took almost no prep work, was on the table in under 10 minutes, and was super tasty. It will definitely be filed under the "too tired to cook but don't want to order out" tab in my head. It was all stuff I had on head, too. I'm not sure there is anything better than that. Again, I must thank Annie for having a fabulous blog and introducing me to this recipe. Now if I could just get her to cook for me.


Black Bean and Salsa Soup



2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c vegetable broth
1 c salsa
1 t cumin
sour cream, green onion, and shredded cheese for garnish (I had some guacamole left over from the tostados, so I used that as well)

Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yay! So glad you enjoyed it. You're exactly right, this dish is perfect for when you're so tired you can't cook or even order out. Thanks for the blog compliments :)