Friday, November 2, 2007

Another Pantry Winner


For some reason, this past week I have failed in the meal planning and grocery shopping arena. Monday nights I'm on my own for dinner, so I decided to play with some flavors that aren't Matt's favorites. There was some white wine in the fridge that needed to be used or thrown away, so I used that as a base and came up with a super tasty pasta with a white wine gorgonzola sauce. I didn't measure ingredients, so this is my best guess as to what the recipe is. Everything is certainly to my tastes, so someone else who makes it should make it to theirs. Enjoy!


Bow Ties in a White Wine Gorgonzola Sauce
from Linda

8 oz bow tie pasta
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c chopped onion
1/2 c white wine
1/2 t cornstarch
1/4 c gorgonzola
salt, pepper and dried basil to taste (I think it was basil. It may have been oregano. I really don't remember.)
1 small tomato, chopped
2 handfuls baby spinach
chopped black olives

Cook the pasta according to package directions. In a large saute pan, saute the garlic and onion in a little olive oil until onion is soft. Add white wine and cornstarch. Let simmer until reduced by 1/4-1/2, about 5 minutes. Stir in gorgonzola and seasonings. Add cooked pasta, along with a little of the cooking water (maybe 3 T). Toss to coat. Stir in tomato and black olives. Wilt in spinach by handfuls. Serve hot.

No comments: