Friday, August 24, 2007

Guacamole and Homemade Chips


We needed a late snack one night (see post below!) so we went to the grocery store and got what we needed for guacamole. This I can actually claim as my own recipe, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of variation among guacamole recipes. This one, however, is mine. I also made the chips myself because we had some corn tortillas we needed to get out of the fridge. Matt loved them so much he told me we will never need to buy tortilla chips again. I always like to get raves from him, though I think I will still buy tortilla chips!

Guacamole
from me!

2 ripe avocados
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 lime
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1 tomato, chopped
salt
pepper

Smash the avocado in a small bowl. I like it chunky, but mash it to your desired consistency. Stir in jalapeno, juice from the lime, cilantro, and tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chips.

Tortilla Chips
from me

corn tortillas
salt

Cut tortillas into wedges and place on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until brown and crisp. Serve warm.

No comments: