Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Spicy Garlic Lime Pasta


So it's been raved about and questioned on the What's Cooking? board, so I figured I would go ahead and try it this week. I didn't want to buy any chicken, which is what the original recipe called for, so I added a can of tuna instead. I also made a few other minor modifications to suit my tastes and pantry, but the recipe is definitely courtesy of Amber.


My husband and I both liked it, but I think I'd add more lime the next time I make it. I love lime, though, so not everyone might like it the same way. The tuna substitution worked fine, but to be honest, the one can didn't add a whole lot of tuna and I couldn't really taste it. It just added some protein.


Spicy Garlic Lime Pasta (with Tuna)
Recipe from Amber, my changes in italics


8 oz rotini
2 c broccoli florets
1 c chicken broth
Juice of 2 limes (original recipe called for 1 1/2 T)
Zest of 1 lime
1 T corn starch
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 5 since they were kind of small)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t dried thyme
2 t red pepper flakes
1 T butter
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1 can tuna, drained
Parmesan cheese


Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Add broccoli the last 2 min. Combine first 13 ingredients (through butter) in small saucepan and cook until thick. Stir in tuna. When pasta is done, add to sauce and toss. Add parsley and combine. Serve with cheese.

No comments: